Sometimes life is hard. Actually, most of the time life is hard. It seems like the good moments are sprinkled in between everything else as evidence that God is there and that he loves us.
A few weeks ago our Bishop came into Relief Society and held a Q&A session. I timidly raised my hand (I hate talking in church, even if it's just Sunday school!) and asked the following question: "How do you receive revelation if something is right or not if you don't have any options in front of you?"
Let me give you some background...I was referring to our recent quandary of where to live after grad school/what to do as far as jobs/family/photography/etc. It seems like when we usually have to make a decision we have two or three options in our head, choose the one we think is right, and then pray about it. But what do you do when you have nothing in front of you? There are endless possibilities! We could live anywhere, do anything... get my drift? It's a pretty intimidating situation, especially for someone who has a breakdown trying to decide what to eat for dinner. Seriously.
Bishop gave a nice answer; he highlighted the fact that doors will open and if we are faithful opportunities will come. It was a great answer and wonderful insight, but it didn't give me the peace I needed.
Then came Morgan. And his infinite wisdom and honesty.
Today I told him that I had been praying about something and both choices gave me that warm and fuzzy feeling. I felt a confirmation that both choices were good.
"How is that possible?" I asked him.
He smiled and so wisely stated, "Maybe that's Heavenly Father's way of telling you that both choices are good and both would give you happiness."
*stunned silence*
Why didn't I think of that? It was like someone knocked me over the head with a frying pan. You know, those big cast iron ones from the vintage Mickey Mouse cartoons.
And that was it. Two right answers.
3 comments:
you will make the right choice and make it GREAT either way. You perfect everything! good luck!
haha i love when husbands have infinite wisdom. i feel that way all the time lol buuuut. san francisco would be a fabulous place for you guys!!! ;) just saying. miss your cute face.
SO glad you are blogging again. and the pictures are breathtaking. AND i know whatever you choose will be lovely. because you are lovely. and i miss you terribly. i need some serious laugh time with cate.
Post a Comment